We recognise that while litigation must be a last resort, it is at times unavoidable. We'll do everything we can to avoid clients having to litigate but if it must be done, we're ready to go!
We are committed to resolving disputes and achieving the most successful yet cost-effective outcome for our clients.
We have extensive experience dealing in disputes at a variety of levels, whether it be smaller scale disputes between members of a group, partnership disputes, commercial lease disputes, right through to full-blown litigation. It is our view that almost every dispute can be resolved prior to incurring the time, cost and uncertainty associated with formal litigation. We work with our clients to investigate every possible method of dispute resolution, including by letter, mediation or arbitration prior to issuing proceedings.
However, when necessary, we are experienced and well-equipped to run our clients’ matters before any jurisdiction including the Small Business Commissioner, VCAT, the Magistrates’ Court, County Court, Supreme Court, and the Federal Court of Australia. We have run a number of successful litigation matter on behalf of our client’s in recent years from the Small Business Commissioner right through to the Federal Court.
We have expertise and can advise on:
- Letters of demand;
- Alternative dispute resolution, including: mediation, arbitration, negotiation, and conciliation;
- Retail lease disputes before the Office of the Small Business Commissioner;
- Issuing and defending Creditors Statutory Demands;
- Drafting Calderbank Letters and Offers of Compromise;
- Drafting and negotiating Deeds of Settlement and Release,
- Enforcement proceedings, and creditor’s petition in bankruptcy; and
- Issuing and running proceedings before VCAT, the Magistrates’ Court, the County Court, the Supreme Court, the Federal Magistrates’ Court of Australia, and the Federal Court of Australia;