Did you know copyright exists automatically? Understanding the importance copyright law is essential in the protection of your work.
Why Choose Sanicki Lawyers?
From the moment you create an original work, you have automatic ownership rights that are enforceable by Australian law. Copyright is used to protect a range of different of works including original art, music, writing, trade secrets and intellectual property. It gives the owner the right to reproduce, publish, broadcast, sell, licence and adapt the work at their own will. Anyone else who wishes to use the work must have the owner’s permission.
Our copyright lawyers are experts when it comes to recognising ownership rights and advising clients on their protection options. We act for a diverse range of creators and are highly experienced in advising on how to manage and trade-in works through license and leasing strategies designed to maximise protections and financial returns. We ensure our clients are made fully aware of their rights and options when it comes to negotiating contracts surrounding transfer of ownership and allow them to make informed decisions about the value of what they have created. Our copyright lawyers Melbourne understand the significant time, effort and skill required to create an original work and are extremely committed to ensuring our client’s assets are adequately protected.
Work with expert intellectual property lawyers in Melbourne
- Copyright advice, protection and licensing and clearances including: new media and digital formats, music, art, design and literary works;
- The rights of designers in the digital media industry, including: graphic, web and app designers;
- Author’s rights and book publishing agreements;
- Protection and registration of industrial designs; and
- Dispute resolution and injunctive relief.