Franchising is a hot topic and for good reason. Here at Sanicki Lawyers, we work to maximise our client’s opportunities, ensuring their venture into the world of franchising is a successful one.
Your partners in business.
Setting up or buying into a franchise is an exciting opportunity that could be greatly profitable. But, without the right guidance and advice, it’s a venture that can also be fraught with danger. Our experience has proven that franchisors are not always right. As a franchisee, you have rights just as much as you have obligations.
Whether you’re a first-time franchisee or an experienced business owner looking to expand their portfolio, as a trusted franchising lawyer Melbourne has to offer, we’re here to help you navigate the turbulent world of franchising. We’re skilled negotiators who can help you confidently work through problems with a franchisor or franchisee.
An experienced franchisee lawyer in Melbourne.
The legal framework for franchising is challenging, and a successful franchise requires extensive planning and knowledge of the relevant laws and regulations governing this complex area. We have experience assisting first-time franchisees in getting their foot in the door, as well as those businesses wanting to set-up and maintain a new master franchise. We advise clients on all aspects of the Franchising Code and the Australian Consumer Law and possess a deep understanding of what is and is not ‘standard’ or ‘acceptable’ within the confines of a franchise agreement. We also assist those looking to buy a franchise with their pre-purchase due diligence, as well as helping those at the end of their journey wanting to sell an existing franchise.
We have expertise and can advise on:
- Pre-contractual franchise documentation including the review of disclosure documents and franchise agreements on behalf of franchisees;
- The sale or acquisition of a franchise business;
- Advising prospective franchisors about setting up a new franchise system including advice on the Franchising Code of Conduct and Competition and Consumer Laws;
- Drafting franchise agreements and disclosure documents on behalf of franchisors;
- All aspects of commercial leases and license arrangements;
- Preparing or reviewing any necessary documents such as licence agreements for intellectual property;
- The most appropriate business structures for franchisees and franchisors;
- Preparing and advising in regards to shareholders or partnership agreements; and
- Negotiating, mediating and resolving disputes between franchisors and franchisees.