Franchising is a hot topic at the moment and for good reason! Here at Sanicki Lawyers, we work to maximise our client's opportunities, ensuring their venture into the world of franchising is a successful one.
Setting up or buying into a franchise is an exciting opportunity that could be greatly profitable. But, without the right guidance and advice, it’s a venture that can also be fraught with danger. Our experience has proven that franchisors are not always right. As a franchisee, you have rights just as much as you have obligations.
Whether you’re a first-time franchisee or a more experienced business owner looking to expand their portfolio, we’re an experienced franchising lawyer Melbourne has to offer, and we’re ready to help you navigate the turbulent world of franchising. We’re skilled negotiators who can help you to confidently work through problems that you’re having with a franchisor or franchisee.
Your experienced franchisee lawyer in Melbourne
The legal framework for franchising is challenging, and a successful franchise requires extensive planning and knowledge of the relevant laws and regulations governing this complex area. We have experience assisting first-time franchisees in getting their foot in the door, as well as those businesses wanting to set-up and maintain a new master franchise.
We advise clients on all aspects of the Franchising Code and the Australian Consumer Law and possess a deep understanding of what is and is not ‘standard’ or ‘acceptable’ within the confines of a franchise agreement.
We also assist those looking to buy a franchise with their pre-purchase due diligence, as well as helping those at the end of their journey wanting to sell an existing franchise.
We have expertise and can advise on:
- Pre-contractual franchise documentation including the review of disclosure documents and franchise agreements on behalf of franchisees;
- The sale or acquisition of a franchise business;
- Advising prospective franchisors about setting up a new franchise system including advice on the Franchising Code of Conduct and Competition and Consumer Laws;
- Drafting franchise agreements and disclosure documents on behalf of franchisors;
- All aspects of commercial leases and license arrangements;
- Preparing or reviewing any necessary documents such as licence agreements for intellectual property;
- The most appropriate business structures for franchisees and franchisors;
- Preparing and advising in regards to shareholders or partnership agreements; and
- Negotiating, mediating and resolving disputes between franchisors and franchisees.
Choose a trusted franchising lawyer in Melbourne
The team at Sanicki Lawyers has extensive experience acting as a franchise and franchisee lawyer Melbourne wide and throughout Australia. We also have expertise across all the areas that are impacted in a franchise relationship, such as commercial law, property and leasing law and trademarks and intellectual property law. This means we’re able to offer complete advice at an expert level. Being a full-service business firm offers you the depth of knowledge across a wide range of issues. For both franchisors and franchisees, we’ll provide competent advice relevant to your franchising plans and keep you up to date with any changes to franchising laws. Get in touch with us today for a confidential discussion.