Many law firms claim to possess a unique understanding of their client's needs. We go one better – our lawyers are musicians, songwriters, and fans.
We understand the mechanics of the music industry. In addition to representing many of Australia’s leading bands, artists, and musicians, we also represent managers, promoters, live music venues, nightclubs, indie labels and music festivals.
On the wider entertainment front, our clients include actors, designers, models, production companies, talent agencies, photographers, radio stations, and social media enterprises.
Our goal is to help our clients achieve their dreams.
We have expertise and can advise on:
- Music industry agreements including: recording and licensing agreements, publishing and distribution agreements, 360° deals, management agreements, band partnerships, touring, booking, sponsorship and merchandise agreements, venue hire agreements;
- General entertainment law including for authors and book publishers, film and television production companies, graphic,web and app designers, and general talent contracts (including for actors, TV presenters, models, radio presenters);
- Business arrangements, such as setting-up structures for all entertainment based businesses (including bands) whether by way of sole trader, partnership, company, trust or joint venture;
- Copyright law including: the rights of songwriters and songwriting ‘splits’, performers and producers rights, film, internet and television licensing, sampling, editing, and copyright infringement;
- Trade mark applications, business and band name registration;
- Dispute resolution including: mediation and negotiation, Magistrates’ and Federal Magistrates’ Court Complaints, cease and desist notices, take-down notices.