We offer practical legal advice designed to allow you to keep your focus where it should be - on your business!
Our firm is experienced in all aspects of commercial law with a special focus on creative small businesses. We have extensive experience in the hospitality industry, from the smallest food van, through to nightclubs, hotels, bars and restaurants. We advise and assist clients in all matters concerning their business, including: sales and acquisitions, branding and trade marks, partnership agreements, commercial leasing, employment law, liquor licensing, and dispute resolution. We understand that each business is unique, and accordingly, should be treated as such. We understand the need to find commercial, cost-effective solutions to the issues faced by our clients.
We have expertise and can advise on:
- Corporate structures including drafting and advice in relation to shareholder and unit holder agreements, partnership agreements and joint ventures;
- Business sales and acquisitions with a particular focus on: hospitality (cafes, bars, hotels, restaurants), the creative industries, retail, and professional services;
- Contract review and negotiation including: supply and license agreements, contractor and employment agreements, confidentiality agreements, and franchising;
- Commercial leases including: drafting, review, advice and negotiation;
- Licensing including liquor licenses and planning permits;
- Trade mark registration and licencing of intellectual property; and
- Dispute resolution including: mediation, Magistrates’ Court, Victorian Civil Administrative Tribunal (VCAT), County Court, and Supreme Court proceedings.